Friday, November 18, 2005

Karma and the Corporate Machine

Earl was right. Carson Daily is really onto something with this whole Karma thing he came up with.

I got an email the other day from someone at Intel looking for a forwarding address, since a Game Gems royalty check showed up at my old Intel work address. So we sorted that out, and my shiny pennies are on their way to Bellevue.

I get home, and there's a letter in my mailbox. It's from an accounting nanobot in the Intel machine that seems to think they overpaid me by a few hundred bucks on my last paycheck, and oh, we'd like the money back, thank you. No explanation of WHY they think this was an error, just "please send us money".

Anyhoo. Funny how these things happened in such close proximity to one another.

[Yeah, I know I'm using 'karma' as accurately as Alanis Morrisette uses 'irony', the word I should in fact be using, but hey, whatdayawant?]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. I want to share some information, we provide outsource data entry services in all over the world.

Product Upload Services

Fuzzy International said...

I am very impressed with your post.Thank you for Sharing!
- cashew nuts supplier in Dubai
- a4 paper supplier in Dubai