Saturday, January 28, 2006

Four Things

It's meme-riffic!

Going of Kottke's blog, I for some reason felt compelled to do this myself:

Four Jobs I've had:

  • Garment Factory Worker (one winter, while a student)
  • Bike Courier (one summer while a student)
  • Developer Relations, Matrox, then Intel
  • Business Development, Microsoft

Four Movies I can watch over and over:

  • The Great Escape
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Braveheart
  • Dogma

Four Places I've Lived:

  • Montreal, Quebec
  • Lake Louise, Alberta
  • Portland, Oregon
  • Seattle, Washington (how sad that if this category was 'five places', I'd have left one blank!)

Four TV Shows I Love(d):

  • West Wing
  • Hustle
  • Junkyard Wars (pre-format-change)
  • Kids in the Hall
  • (adding a fifth) Richard Branson's Rebel Billionaire

Ten highly regarded and recommended TV shows that I've never watched a single episode of (1):

  • Miami Vice
  • Twin Peaks
  • Deep Space Nine
  • Doctor Who
  • Desperate Housewives
  • 24
  • Lost
  • Arrested Development
  • Battlestar Galactica (the old one OR the new one)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Four places I've Vacationed:

  • Zermatt Switzerland
  • Maui Hawaii
  • Paris France
  • Australia

Four of my Favorite Dishes:

  • Pastamore's Gnocci with Gigi Sauce.
  • Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding
  • The "thousand pork products drowning in maple syrop' that is 'sugaring off'
  • Chicken Tikka Masala

Four sites I visit daily:

  • Gamasutra.com
  • (lately) digg.com
  • www.start.com (which I use as my homepage)
  • Robin Hunicke's blog (cause her feed's busted and thus can't fit into my aggregator!)

Four places I'd rather be right now:

  • Snowboarding (preferrably in Zermatt, but any number of places would be OK)
  • Hawaii
  • Paris
  • Sailing on the Great Barrier Reef

Four people I'm tagging with this (and for which I will dirty):

  • Adam Lake
  • Mark Deloura
  • Souris Hong Ponsetta
  • Robin Hunicke

(1) I changed this from 'single minute of' to 'single episode of, because there are several that I've flipped across them, watched 5 minutes, and then abandoned.