Tuesday, October 11, 2005

That's a lot of carnage

We gave away a "spindle" for a solar blanket cover for the pool today. It was old, came with the house, we're getting a safety cover, etc. Needed to go, we craigslisted it, and got a taker.

So the guy comes over, I help him take it apart, we're talking and he recognizes my Canadian accent. (2nd person to remark on it today - is it getting thicker?)

Anyhow, he states that he was in northern Alberta last week. I ask where. He says some inuit sounding town. I ask if he flew through Edmonton. He states he drove. I ask why (cause it's far).

Turns out they were hunting geese. Needed the truck to haul them all back, plus gear (which is like, ammo n' stuff).

I ask how many they shot.

"We killed 29 geese on the last day alone!" he proudly exclaims.

"Whoa. That's a lot of recreational carnage." I replied.

I was rather fond of my response. He didn't know quite what to make of it.

Then we talked about other stuff and he left.

No comments: