Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ow ow ow!

Jeez. I must be getting old. My back has just recovered from the tweaking I gave it, and now something else.

I was carrying Tom in my arms this morning out to the car, and tripped going down the stairs. I managed to partially break Tom's fall before clunking his head on the garage floor (some tears and screaming, but he's fine). However, I twisted my ankle pretty badly (some tears and screaming, but I'm not fine).

I thought I was OK, and walked on it for a few hours, but this afternoon came into the office to catch up on some stuff and it's growing increasingly swollen and painful. I'm hobbling around in full-on middle-aged-man mode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon !

Oded

Darius Kazemi said...

I have a bit of advice for you, having experienced this myself (well, my girlfriend experienced it, but it was like it happened to me). After tweaking your back, you need to excercise those muscles in order to strengthen them. Resting isn't enough, because resting creates a positive feedback loop of sorts that reinforces weakness in the muscles.

So yeah, after tweaking the back, do some stretches for a week, and then your probability of a second back injury goes down dramatically.

KimPallister said...

yep. good advice. thanks.