Monday, October 3, 2005

Dusting off the weapons

The same scene appears in every bad action and/or kung-fu flick of the 70's and 80's:

The reluctant hero, long having since given up his fighting ways, pulls out an old dusty chest, opens it up to reveal his katana/pearl-handled pistols/nunchuks/etc. He follows a well practiced ritual of unfolding the velvet cloth protecting the weapons, and then leaps into a routine of practiced kung-fu moves/pistol drawing-n-holstering/etc.

Well, last night I took my guitars out of their cases, dug out my Line 6 Pod, Marshall amp, etc. And got them all hooked up.

Man, I'm really rusty, but it's time to work some axe-weilding back into the schedule.

[BTW, on a related note, it occurred to me that Sex Pixels would be a good name for a band today. You play off the whole Sex Pistols theme. The first album could be called The Sex Pixels: Never Mind The Artifacts]

No comments: