Sunday, April 16, 2006

Carb curbing continued

A while back I posted that I was going to try my hand at the low-carb thing. 18 days, down 14 pounds.

Yes, this is just a boast in order to keep myself honest for fear of embarrassment should I fall off the wagon.

Don't miss bread too much, but do on occasion. On the other hand, I would sell my mother to the Huns for a five minute chocolate binge. :-)

On another note, I've been having a lot of jerky as snack material, which gets old after a while. I tried a couple kinds, including ahi tuna jerky, which I would recomment should come with the following warning: WARNING: THIS JERKY SOAK THOROUGHLY IN SALIVA BEFORE CHEWING TO AVOID SHATTERING INTO SALTY, FISHY, GLASS-LIKE SHARDS. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one who could use a few, I am jealous... what is your ultimate goal? I would like to be under 260 again :-)

On the other hand, I am not sure low-carb is sustainable long-term (unless you are willing to eat by yourself from now on), so how do you wean yourself back into a balanced diet once the goal is attained?

KimPallister said...

Marie-Jo, I hear you. Same problem. Regarding Jerky, well, it gets old after a while. Also eating a lot of apples and oranges whereas in the past would have had chocolate, cookies, etc.

John, Was at 190+, now at 176. 170 was the original goal, but now thinking Maybe 160. Regarding long term, seen Dainty lately? He's been at it for a year or two. As far as weening, I'm going to re-introduce rice and some bread at some point, but alas, my days of Krispy Kreme are behind me forever!

Anonymous said...

Well, my plan is to start up some aerobic exercise (ie not surfing the net continuously), both at home and when I travel... even exotic countries hotels have gyms.

Have not seen Dainty in a long time - but I would be surprised if his family is eating the same things. Of course, he has a family, and if he can get away with it, so can you!

I have seen the before and after pictures of crack addicts - they are all very thin. Just a thought :-), of course, it might prove hard to keep a job.