Friday, April 14, 2006

Pause 2 Play

I normally don't use my blog to hawk our products or activities, but I thought this one was kind of neat.

The Casual Games group just launched a 'Pause2Play' campaign, doing some mainstream marketing of games as a way to relax, take a break, etc.

(snip)
MSN® Games has teamed up with Dr. Kathleen Hall, a renowned stress expert and authority on work-life balance, to create the Pause to Play initiative. Being launched today in conjunction with Stress Awareness Month, Pause to Play ( http://www.pause2play.com ) is a month-long program to raise awareness about the simple solution of taking periodic mental breaks to achieve a better work-life balance.
(snip)

Press release here.

site here.

Nice to see something positive in the mainstream press to counter all the GTA-3-style hype.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "Pause to talk to another human"?

Anonymous said...

I would also like to mention that a press release and a commercial web site is not mainstream press coverage :-) Too much Koolaid is the culprit, I suspect.

KimPallister said...

Guess I was speaking out of turn. I've seen some info about what press has picked it up for near future, and it'll get some coverage.