Saturday, July 2, 2005

Lay down paper money for Paper Mario?

So at E3 2004, I saw Paper Mario for like, 5 minutes, and it's been nagging at the back of my brain for 15 months.

Today I came across this analysis/writeup of it on GameDevBlog, and now the nagging's getting louder.

Will need to pick up a GC and Paper Mario after the move. Hey, I bought a PS2 just to play Katamari, so this'll actually be a cheaper "single game purchase. Plus, Nintendo seems to be the only console vendor making real efforts to foster innovation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear. Paper Mario is probably the best GC game released last year. Fun all the way through without anything really frustrating. Plus with the GC you get some nice nintendo exclusives (zelda, pikmin, etc). If you want to go back a bit further "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" and "Beyond Good and Evil" are pretty good games too. Those two are cross platform but you really shouldn't ever get cross platform games for the PS2 since they will have the worst graphics of the bunch.

KimPallister said...

Yeah, my group here did some work on PoP2, so I made a point of playing PoP:SoT (arg. I'm rapidly growing tired of sub-titled titles) before we engaged with them. I thought both the PoP titles were pretty good. I have some issues with them that I think I'll enter a separate blog entry on...

Anonymous said...

While I thought the first PoP:SoT was great, I disliked the second one so much I stopped playing it after a few hours. Didn't really care for any of the changes they made from the first to second.