Saturday, May 14, 2005

Master chef strikes again!

I forgot to add this in my last post!

A while ago at a local restaurant that was awesome but has since closed for inexplicable reasons, I tried some basil ice cream. "Basil?!?" you say, jaw gaping. Yes, that's what I said too, so I had to try it. Anyhow, it was awesome.

I thought, hmm, if basil works, then the world of herbs and spices is rife for ice cream experimentation! I'm like columbus, but with an ice cream maker instead of a ship, and a thick waistline instead of scurvey.

I figured Cilantro seemed like a nice place to start (kind of lemony/citrus-y as far as herbs go), plus my wife loves it. And since it's often combined with some lime in many dishes, I threw some of that in too.

Delicious!

I was a little conservative with the cilantro since I didn't know if it would be overbearing or not. I would probably double it up next time, but still, it turned out very well.

Where shall I go next? Ha ha! The world is my oyster! Though I probably wouldn't do oyster ice cream....

1 comment:

shachel said...

their website review see here now click reference go to this site Our site