Sunday, April 17, 2005

Mmm,mmm! Good cookin'!

Have been doing a fair amount of cooking while off on sabbatical.

Today I experimented a bit and drifted off some recipies I had. For dinner I made Thai curry-lime salmon, and this evening I made Papay-Mango Sorbet with Banana Chunks. The latter has to set overnight in the freezer, so we'll see how it turns out, but I'm betting on yummy!

I was inspired by Brian a while back to get some decent knives. I ordered them a while back and they arrived last monday (my b-day - auspicious coincidence, n'est-ce pas?). Anyhoo, I got the Wusthof Culinar; the 8" chefs knife and the 7" hollow edge japanese chef's knife. They are so awesome. Lke a big 2 pound straight-razor.

I'd have bought the 10" chef's knife but it comes embedded in a stone - something about being pure of heart before being able to use it.

No comments: