Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Corp-u-mentary

Saw The Corporation tonight. Good rent. I'd been soured on 'documentary films' by Michael Moore's sensationalism & exageration. (Don't get me wrong, I know the right does it as much or more, but the fact that he bent some facts in the Columbine movie made me question his work enough that I never saw the anti-Bush piece).

Anyhow, this piece was a good one to make you think. Depressing a bit. Despite the touchy-feely, viva-la-revolution, you-too-can-make-a-difference ending, I was still a bit overwhelmed by the inevitability of it all. Sort of a Death, Taxes & corporate greed thing I guess.

But don't let that get you down. Go rent it!

- Oh - I will say this for Michael Moore though. His passion comes through in his narration. This one had the dry lackluster commentary of high school history film strips. Once they led more into the interviews with people that were passionate about their beleifs (Moore is one of them), it got more interesting.

No comments: