Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gaming Blogs of the Fairer Sex

It may just be proportional to the growth of the blogosphere, but I've noted a fair number of gaming blogs by and for the fairer sex. These have certainly been around a while (I've been a reader of Jane's site for a while, for example), but there do seem to be more of them cropping up.

My list of feeds includes:
Feminist Gamers (along with the associated Cerise 'zine)
GameGirlz (go Canada!)
New Game Plus
Heroine Next Door
Guilded Lillies

Just to name a few examples.

Anyhow, a new one came to my attention, Girl in the Machine. And with reviews/editorials like this one of Super Princess Peach, and posts with titles like Lara Croft's Ten Year Mam Jam, I have a new favorite feminist gamer blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, Cerise isn't associated with Feminist Gamers. Neither of the bloggers have even contributed an article to us.

Cerise is associated with Iris, which is a woman/feminist-oriented gaming site.

For more blogs on gaming by women, I would recommend Iris' directory.

Anonymous said...

Although I'm not especially fairer than the menfolks, thank you for linking me. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog so far.ht

Mcklain said...

thanks