Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And now, a word from our sponsors...

I'm selling out. I'm putting up ads.

Not that I really think I can sell out for an significant amount of coin, but I want to play around a bit with the consumer-side of adsense and some of it's competitors, so I'm trying a couple things for a few months and I'll see how they pan out. I'll share results (if any) here at that time.

The first thing is putting an ad block on my blog. I'm using text ad links and as you can see (at right, under 'sponsors') they have yet to populate the feed. We'll see whether anything comes of it. Proceeds from these ads, if any, will go to my yearly contribution to the EFF. Ads won't be a big part of the blog and the blog will continue to deliver the miniscule value that it does by entertaining readers via my pedantic banter about games, kids, and my cat, etc. It'll also serve as the yardstick for the other thing I'm doing.

The second thing I'm trying is a little more interesting, IMHO. Inspired by this Seth Godin post, I created another blog, with a very narrow focus. It'll get one post a day, and that's it. You can find it at www.gamebizvideo.com. Proceeds from the ads on this site (again, should there be any), will be used to market the blog itself. I want to see whether niche content + shoestring bootstrapping can work. Again, I'll share results here.

That is all, we now return you to regularly scheduled programming.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't do it!! It's way too much fun for awhile. :)

Unknown said...

btw. I just remembered this one..

http://rchelivideos.wordpress.com/

As you can see I didn't do it for long. haha.

Alice said...

Do it, you'll be able to write off your game purchases against tax. Neat or WHAT.

antikewl said...

Good luck! I've been trying out ads at my own site for the past few months. So far it's not going too badly -- I won't be retiring any time soon though! :)

Anonymous said...

まつげエクステ
東京都 会社設立代行
過払い 相談
中目黒 アパート
クレジットカード 比較
ノベルティ

カップリングパーティー
カップリングパーティー
イーオン
治験
ナースグッズ
グレーゾーン
リサイクルショップ
オフィス家具
介護福祉士
ボート免許
水上バイク
船舶免許更新 都内
バイク便
デザイナーズハウス 平塚
妊娠
投資顧問 会社
債務整理
草加市 不動産
看護師 求人
インテリアコーディネート
バイクガレージ
トランクルーム
英語 勉強
アンテナ工事
介護予防
柏市 一戸建て
浦和 不動産
民事再生
ゴルフレッスン
ゴルフレッスン新大阪
ゴルフレッスン名古屋
野田市 不動産
ゴルフスクール柏
温泉 旅館
家族旅行 ホテル
語学留学
川越市 一戸建て
川口市 一戸建て
アメリカ留学
オーストラリア留学
ワーキングホリデー
ダイビング スクール
賃貸 東京
カナダ留学
不動産 立川
リコメンド
ヘッドスパ 東京
アパートローン
スポーツスター
青梅 不動産
水道屋
工務店
住宅ローン