Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Women of Influence

NextGen has posted a list of the 100 most influential women in gaming.

It's a pretty big list, and would have been more fun if they'd attempted to rank the 100 in order of influence (I know, apples-to-oranges, but what fun!), but still makes a good read. Some factoids:

  • 8% are at Microsoft (1 of them, Ellen Beeman, from the group I work in)
  • 7% are in casual games - and that's not counting The Sims as a "casual" franchise
  • A large number are from EA, and Maxis in particular (I didn't count)

Contrats to Alice for making the list.

Robin should have been on it too! I demand a recount! (Well Robin, you've influenced me. That will have to do :-)

[Update: Jason takes issue with the list and cites many examples of others that should have made it on there]

4 comments:

Darius Kazemi said...

Hey, I did a quick numerical breakdown of the list. Check it out.

archie4oz said...

Aw booo! No Kiri Matsuura... Actually NanaOn-Sha should get honerable mention since it's just about the only studio that I can think of that has a female staff of greater than 50%...

Anonymous said...

Uhmm.. WAYYYYY too many suits in that list.

Anonymous said...

Fanks luv :)

And I totally agree about Robin, and the ladies on Jason's list.

I suppose it was inevitable that people got left off, and it's great to see lots of people talking about it, and adding names. The longer it gets, the better...