Monday, May 1, 2006

Dad, "requisite grumpy brit" doin' the startup thing

Jeez. Just when you think you know someone...

I don't know if this speaks more to some people leading double lives, my not calling home enough, or to the relative easy of getting a business started, but, well, it speaks to something!

I got an email from Dad today with an URL to go click on to check out a funny news page. Now, dad sends me the occasional joke, so this wasn't surprising. I went and had a look at it, and it's a machine-generated "fake newspaper" type of layout, with the recipient's name plugged into the stories in various locations.

Anyhow, I checked out the page sent to me, got a laugh, and deleted the email.

He called me later in the day to ask if I'd checked out the new internet startup that he and a couple friends had kicked off. Well, so much for retirement!

This from a guy who was happy with his 286-based "laptop" until a year or two ago.

Click here to check out Dad's new company: I Got News For You.

You can try it out for free, but will need to pay/subscribe to send the page you generate to someone, or to have a hardcopy printed and sent to them, you need to pay.

Check it out!

No comments: