Thursday, February 9, 2006

Casuality Europe Notes

Today wrapped up the first "Casuality" event in Amsterdam. I have a bunch of notes to post, but will likely only get to most of them on the plane on the way home or on the weekend. In the meantime, I wanted to post a few thoughts on the conference overall.

The conference was held in this unassuming venue:


Which, inside, was just a great little venue. A 3-story high old theatre-type venue with a huge pipe organ on the wall. I didn't get the greatest shot inside, but this should give you and idea:




Overall, the event went pretty well for a first time event.

Good: Great sessions, great attendees, great networking, great venue.

Not so good: No feedback forms for sessions, sessions drifted *far* from their stated descriptions in many cases (see my notes on the panel I participated in - stay tuned), and the schedule wasn't adhered to so well. Also, having day 3 of the event at a different venue was kind of a pain, but not the end of the world.

Overall, I give the conference a high rating. Maybe 7/10.

No comments: