Thursday, December 22, 2005

Begin the GameBiz podcasts

I've been toying with the idea of doing a podcast for a while now. I'll need to decide over the break whether I have time to fit it in, but I think it would be fun.

I started blogging almost a year ago as a learning exercise as much as anything, and I've definitely gotten more out of it than I've had to put in. Perhaps the same might be true for another medium? Hmm...

In the meantime, Chris Melissinos over at Sun has had the same idea and debuted his show GameON! yesterday. I gave it a listen in the car this morning, and give it a 3 out of 5 rating. Don't get me wrong, that might seem like a low score, but it's a great score for a first episode (edition? terminology uncertain to me).

What I liked: (1) Best intro theme EVAR! Taken from M.U.L.E. - I'd have picked the same and now will need to find something else, dang nab it. (2) Very well produced. Chris, you doing this at home? Or does Sun have a studio full of folks helping? Anyhow, well done. musical spacers to delineate segments, volume is all at a good level, audible without any clipping; minimal verbal stops (ummm, uhhh), (3) Chris is a good speaker and is easy to listen to. Some podcasts are intolerable for this reason alone.

What I didn't like: (1) drifting from the stated mission. Chris claimed he was going to talk about biz & impact on culture, interview folks in the industry, etc, but the bulk (not all) of the first episode was mainly game reviews, (2) the trip down memory lane-slash-bio at the beginning was WAY too long, but I guess I should forgive him for that as it IS the first episode after all.

So, that being said, it's earned a place on my MP3 player.

Chris, time to start embedding subliminal Java messaging in there to corrupt my microsoftie brain! :-)

1 comment:

shachel said...

pop over to this site h5g67j1x33 7a replica bags wholesale replica bags new york 9a replica bags fake gucci h7s63f8m60 replica bags vancouver replica bags and shoes visit this web-site l9f58q3j68 replica bags manila