Saturday, September 24, 2005

On the koolaid, and on Bill vs Napoleon

I went on Friday to my first MS company meeting. Wow.

Intel was dispersed enough that the closest you get to EVERYONE being in a single meeting is something like the sales & marketing conference in which you get about 5000 people or roughly 7% of the total employee base.

Since the bulk of MS is in the Puget sound area, MS has a big annual company meeting in which the rent the baseball stadium and roughly 20,000 people come attend in person. That's a lot of people.

Anyhow, I got my dose of the company koolaid, and wow. We are doing some awesome stuff, and it's going to be a great year ahead. Of course I can't say what I saw there, but trust me, it's very cool.

One highlight I will mention: A spoof video starring Napoleon Dynamite and Bill G. Supposedly a similar one was done for PDC, and posted on the web, but subsequently taken down because of IP issues. Oh well. Very Very funny. Culminated in Napoleon and Bill getting in a "sissy slap" fight in the cafeteria.

[UPDATE: Found a link that still has a shaky-cam version of it here]

Gaw! It was only like the best movie EVAR!!!

pic I found off the web:


No comments: