Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book Review: The Next 100 Years

A while back I reviewed George Friedman's The Next Decade. Before he wrote that book, he wrote a coarser-grained, longer term look at the future, The Next 100 Years. I mentioned that while I disagreed with much of the 'decade' book, I enjoyed the gaming out of the possibilities, and that it gave food for thought.

I found less of interest in The Next 100 Years. It's expected that the error bars would grow wider looking further out in time, but it's not that I disagree with, it's the author's methods. He picks selectively from influencing forces, picks and chooses from coarse or fine grained elements and in the level of specificity.

By the time he had a coalition of the Turks and the Japanese attacking the US by flinging rocks from the far side of the moon, well, I had a hard time continuing on. I forced myself through the book, but can't recommend it.

The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.