Monday, September 10, 2007

How My Closet Metrosexual Killed My Inner Geek

I have a few things to blog about Austin GDC, but in the meantime, here's a short one.

The evening I arrived at AGDC, I got a call from a friend inviting me to the a charity benefit happening that evening.

She said that it was being held at Richard Garriot's house, which has some big geek appeal. She also said that others already at the event had reported that it was being held outdoors, and that because of recent rains, it was a mudpit.

Inner Geek: "OMG! Brittania Manor!

Closet Metrosexual: "I dunno. These leather shoes I'm wearing are new."

IG: "It's an immitation English castle!"

CM: "These are real Italian leather."

Anyhow, I didn't end up going, so I guess you can figure out who won.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Anonymous said...

Next time, buy new shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

You had an invite and you didn't go???

I've unsubscribed.

Ok, not really. But I should.

Shame on you ;-)

Unknown said...

I don't think you can call him a closet metrosexual anymore.

Pappy said...

go barefoot, by criminy!

Have you read all the cool stories about his new digs? There's a room-sized elevator!

Anonymous said...

As inventive as you are, I cannot believe you did not arrive at a solution.

If you needed to leave the shoes on cuz "mud feels all icky and stuff" you could have tied plastic bags onto your feet and went regardless.

Damn - think about the cool pictures of muddy feet you could have shown your kids...

I no longer think of you as "metro"sexual, not that that is a bad thing.

Alice said...

Oh. my. GOD.

Young man, in future, you leave the house and buy a pair of wellies, and then you go to the party. Or sneakers, or heck, FLIPFLOPS.

We shall have *words*, next time we meet :)