Sunday, June 19, 2005

Up... up.. and away...

... on Father's day!
Happy dad day to me :-)

Not wanting to waste any of it, I was up at 5am to go down to the Tigard balloon festival that was going on this weekend. The balloons all take off between 6 and 8, so you have to get there early if you want to see them being blown up and launched.
Here's a few pics (click for large versions):



Balloons take off from the field.


A larger view of the field (some not yet inflated, some disappeared over the horizon already). Note big ol' can of Alpo!

Energizer Bunny attacks! (In the process of being inflated :-)


I chatted with a couple of the pilots (balloonist? ballooner?) and well, it's pretty freakin' cool.

Between going down to see them deploy, inflate and launch the balloons, and having recently read Richard Branson's autobiography, well...
...must... resist... urge... to take up expensive impractical frivolous hobby!
So, I was done there by 7:30 or so. Went to the gym after that, then to Starbucks to ingest more than I burned off at the gym, then home...
...where I found my son Tom had adopted a gangsta rap persona (thanks to E3 Sony schwag hat) and was readin da bidness section. Yo!


Later we went to the park for good wholesome family fun time.





Above: Jenny Running. Below, Tom hams it up on the play gym.


Then it was home for a nap (them in cribs, me in hammock), some reading, and some BBQ'ing. Not a bad day!

No comments: