Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Progress

Today we finally turned the corner on our move-in process. We went from "hauling stuff from A to B" stage, to "hanging stuff on walls and putting books on shelves stage". Progress is clearly being made.

Of course it didn't come without a big, herniating, finale.

When we moved from Portland, we had a wall unit. Big-ass wall unit. Not having room for it in the living room, we had the movers put it up in my office upstairs. Something that required 3 movers, tight negotiation of a stairway, taking a door off a hinge, etc. One of them asked "It's not going anywhere, right? This it's permanent place? Because if you change your mind, it's going to be a bitch to get it back downstairs".

Well, I changed my mind and it was a bitch to get it downstairs. My father-in-law and I did it, using the wheeled base of my tablesaw (I unbolted the saw itself) to balance it as we negotiated the tight turn at the bottom of the stairs.

Then we moved my 36" Sony XBR Trinitron Vega TV from teh bedroom to the office. Yeah, that's a bit heavy too.

Now everything that's heavy and that has to go is in the garage, so not too much heavy lifting to do now. Just need to sell the wall unit, 2 arcade games, a fridge, a washer and dryer. Ech!

2 comments:

tayssayr said...

Read Full Article more tips here recommended you read next page his comment is here navigate to this web-site

Unknown said...

n4i21c0b82 d6o13x3x60 f2m65k6s82 u0a51o7k18 l0l48p6f30 s4e49d1a72