Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Attack of the Free MMOGs

We knew they were coming. We just didn't think they'd arrive in packs.

The Korean government just launched GamenGame, a US-targeted portal for Korean MMO's, trying to attract the US customer.

For what it's worth, I *love* the variety offered here. Enough with the 'men in tights' games. There's a baseball MMO, A golf MMO (which I referenced in my TGS report a while back)...

And all the MMOs are free to play, with the sell up being extra features or in-game items.

(BTW, I think it's pronounced game'n'game, though I prefer 'Gamen', like 'Ramen' for the first word. Perhaps 'RamenGame' will take off as a non-PC derogatory reference to cheap MMOs coming from Asia? :-/ )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But if we wanted to Koreanize it, it would need to be 'RamyonGame'.